Why not volunteer for KEMP Hospice in 2013?
Volunteering has shown the following benefits according to Make A Difference Day Survey, ICM Research 2004
· nearly half of all volunteers (47%) say volunteering has improved their physical health and fitness;
· 25% of people who volunteer more than five times a year say volunteering has helped them lose weight (20% overall);
· nearly a third (30%) of 18 to 24-year-old smokers say volunteering helps them smoke less. 21% of smokers who have volunteered for over two years say that volunteering helps them smoke less;
· half of people (48%) who have volunteered for more than two years say volunteering makes them less depressed. 71% of volunteers who offer their professional skills and experience say volunteering helps combat depression;
· 63% of 25 to 34-year-olds say volunteering helps them feel less stressed. 62% of over 65′s say volunteering reduces stress;
According to a TimeBank Employer Attitude Survey in 2004:
· 81% of employers surveyed view employees who do voluntary work positively;
· 43% of employers think that employees who undertake voluntary work and learn new skills have a better chance of promotion and earning a higher salary;
· 68% of employers feel that volunteering can add skills to their workforce.
We are currently recruiting for new roles for 2013, please check our volunteer page for more information! We would love to hear from you!
Our Volunteers Join the Queen
- L to R Gill Staten, Myra Allen, Bob Powell, Jane Da Costa, Pat Parker, Barbara Ferrier, Carole Banks and Mary Bingham.
- Photo kindly taken by our Volunteer Gill Price
- Eight of our volunteers who were nominated by our staff teams for the voluntary work they do for the organisation, were selected to attend Worcester Cathedral yesterday to join the queen on her tour of Worcestershire.
The eight volunteers were selected from the different areas they work in for the hospice and for the amazing amount of time and skills they give to us. Gill Staten, one of the volunteers who went along said ‘It was an occasion that I shall remember forever, we had a brilliant view of the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh, and all the arrangements for the day were perfect.’
KEMP Hospice could not operate without the help and support from each and every one of our volunteers, so we would like to say THANK YOU and we wish we could have nominated you all!
Our Volunteers on Youtube
Our Volunteers Tell you what they think… of volunteering for KEMP Hospice.
KEMP Hospice Volunteer Thank you Event
Each year KEMP Hospice holds a thank you event for all our current volunteers who work for the Hospice. It is our chance to celebrate our volunteers and thank them for the work they do for us. We also give out long service certificates for 5 years, 10 years, 15 years and 20 years. Last year KEMP Hospice volunteers gave over 30,000 hours of their time to the Hospice and saved us over £177,000. Please ask the Volunteer Coordinator for more information on the date of the thank you event.
Long Standing Volunteer Retires
Avis Field, who has volunteered at KEMP Hospice decided to retire after 20 years of helping in our day care. She will be missed by all the staff, patients and volunteers!!!